iHeartMedia Website Recruitment Alert
iHeartMedia is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse talent by creating an environment that integrates diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our business. Our company is enriched and made more effective through representation of diverse experience, backgrounds, ethnicity, education, sexual orientation and regional and cultural orientation. iHeartMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer where women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for iHeartMedia, please provide us with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at iHeartMedia:
600 Beacon Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35209
It is the policy of iHeartMedia to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Outside Account Executive
Positions available in Birmingham, Al & Gadsden, AL
Description: iHeartMedia Communications, Inc. is the world`s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. iHeartMedia is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships and selling iHeartMedia assets as marketing solutions. The role objective is to achieve revenue targets and services goals while helping clients meet key business challenges. Successful candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, self-starters who are able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
This is a tough and demanding position where only the motivated succeed. One out of every three Account Executives hired will quit in their first year, but if you are motivated, have a strong desire to succeed and can adapt and overcome, then you are in for a successful and rewarding career with a global media leader.
• Develop new leads by cold calling and obtaining face to face appointments.
• Attain new business accounts and sponsorships.
• Generate revenue and meet sales targets.
• Establish, maintain and grow relationships with client base and agencies.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with corporate, advertising and public relations communities.
• Solicit funding for broadcast and non-broadcast projects, special events, web streaming and other off-air projects.
• Develop presentations to corporations and agencies designed to sell marketing solutions.
• Maintain an organized format on each sales call, covering all important topics: client marketing analysis, target consumer needs, benefits sought, assignments and follow-up.
• 2+ years prior experience in successful sales role.
• Bachelor`s degree.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to design, deliver and execute marketing strategies and presentations.
• Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and meeting functions.
• Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals.
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced company that works on the cutting edge of media and entertainment initiatives and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals; we invite you to apply online today at https://iheartmedia.silkroad.com/ where you will have the chance to become part of iHeartMedia's Competitive Advantage our People.
Digital Content Director for iHeart Media (Birmingham)
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services for local communities and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
iHeartMedia, Inc. consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned iHeartMedia. Between these divisions, we focus on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment content and events for listeners and users.
With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital uniques and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. It serves over 150 markets through 859 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones and on gaming consoles.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
The Digital Content Director is ultimately responsible for meeting digital audience goals as set by the company, while overseeing the digital operations, content, and social media strategy of all iHeartMedia radio stations/digital assets in Birmingham, Alabama.
* Analysis of metrics and diagnostics to shape strategy. Working with Programming, Marketing and Promotions to create and program brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience and user engagement.
* Working with on air talent and related staff to expand their show digitally and socially.
* Finding innovative ways to use our digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
* Managing a team of Digital Content Directors and Producers.
* Working with Program Directors and on-air talent to strategize the most effective use of on-air inventory to grow digital audience.
* Working with Clear Channel Digital to ensure that local sites are in line with national digital priorities. This includes finding new ways to evolve the symbiotic relationship of using national assets to grow local audience and vice/versa.
* Working closely with Integrated Sales to find on-brand ways to monetize our digital audiences.
* Owning digital marketing: marketing our stations through our own sites, ultimately overseeing social media programs and, where available, working with marketing directors/PDs to place online advertising buys.
* Developing and execution of social media strategy.
* Along with PDs and Marketing Directors, develop and maintain a long-term editorial and promotional calendar for each stations site.
* Identifying content partnerships that could be beneficial to the brands and working through the right channels to pursue appropriate avenues.
* Experience working within a Content Management System.
* Experience working in radio programming and/or marketing a plus.
* Must be an idea factory, always coming up with new ways to keep content fresh.
* Strong knowledge of pop culture and current events.
* Must be highly organized with very strong communication skills.
* The ability to work quickly and shift gears on a dime to capitalize on traffic opportunities.
* The ability to work night and weekend hours to cover breaking news and station events to capitalize on traffic opportunities.
* The ability to utilize both problem solving and creative thinking skills to determine solutions for programming and sales initiatives.
* Must be a self-starter who excels at working independently, with a proven track record of independent judgment and decision making.
* Strong background and fluency in social networking and online marketing. Omniture Site Catalyst and Ando experience a plus.
* Video editing experience a plus.
* Willing to multi-task and work beyond the job description, including off hours when applicable.
Education: Prefer a College Graduate
Certification: Windows Certification
iHeart Media is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Radio talk show host - AM Drive Co-Host - iHeartMedia Birmingham
• Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
• Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
• None required
Birmingham, AL: 600 Beacon Parkway West, Suite 400, 35209
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.